SSC CHSL Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant and LDCs:
As per SSC CHSL (10+2) selection procedure, Typing Test will be conducted for the post of Postal Assistant(PA) /Sorting Assistant(SA) and LDCs. SSC CHSL Typing Test will be conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Written Examination.
Salient features of SSC CHSL Typing Test:
- Typing Test will be of qualifying in nature.
- Test will be conducted in English or Hindi and candidates while applying for the Examination, will have to indicate his/her choice/option for Skill Test Medium in the Application Form.
- If any candidate does not opt for any medium for typing, his option will be deemed to be for English medium.
- It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
- Candidates opting for English medium should have typing speed of 35 words per minute.
- Candidates opting for Hindi medium should have typing speed of 30 words per minute.
- The speed will be adjudged on the accuracy of typing on the Computer of a given text passage in 10 minutes.
- Visually Handicapped candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
- Passage Dictators will be provided to VH candidates for the Typewriting test. The Passage Dictator will read out the passage to VH candidate within the allotted time period.
- 35 w.p.m. and 30 w.p.m. corresponds to 10500 key depressions per hour and 9000 key depressions per hour respectively.
- OH Candidates seeking exemption from Typing test on medical ground must substantiate their claim by furnishing the relevant Medical Certificate in the prescribed format as published in this Notice at the time of Typing Test.
Evaluation of SSC CHSL Type Scripts:
There are two types of mistakes:
(i) Full Mistakes
(ii) Half Mistakes.
The following errors are treated as full mistakes:
- For every omission of word/ figure.
- Every substitution of a wrong word /figure.
- Every addition of a word / figure not found in the passage.
The following errors are treated as half mistakes:
(i) Spacing Errors : Where no space is provided between two words, e.g. ‘Ihope’ or undesired space is provided between the words or letters of a word e.g. ‘I h ave’ i.e. I hxxve
(ii) For every spelling error committed by way of repetition, or addition or transposition or omission or substitution of a letter/letters, e.g. the word ‘spelling’ typed as ‘seeplings’ etc.
(iii) Wrong Capitalisation: Wrong use of capital letter for small letter and vice-versa. (This does not apply to Hindi typewriting scripts).
- Any corrections made by pen or pencil are ignored and no credit is given to such corrections.
Cut off on Percentage of Mistakes in SSC CHSL Typing Test:
Cut off on Percentage of Mistakes in Typing Test in Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination, 2014.
|Cut Off||7 %||10 %||10 %||10 %||10 %||10 %||10 %||10 %|
You may also like to Read:
- SSC CHSL Syllabus -Computer based Written Exam
- CHSL Selection Procedure 2016 -Exam Pattern
- Vacancies 2015-2014-2013 Posts Departments
- Revised SSC CHSL Exam Scheme 2015
- SSC CHSL Skill Test details for DEO
- Typing Test details PA – SA- LDC
- CHSL Cut Off 2015 Departments-Posts
- SSC CHSL General Awareness question paper 2014
- CHSL Cut Off 2014 Departments-Posts
- SSC CHSL English question paper 2014
- Cut Off 2013 and Preference for Departments
- SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Analysis
- CHSL Selection Process 2015 – Exam Scheme