SSC CHSL Skill Test for Data Entry Operator (DEO):
As per SSC CHSL (10+2) selection procedure, Skill Test will be conducted for the post of DEO. SSC CHSL Skill Test will be conducted for those candidates who qualify in the Written Examination.
Salient features of SSC CHSL Skill Test
- The Data Entry Speed (DEST) Skill Test would be of qualifying nature.
- Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour required on Computer.
- For the post of DEO “Grade A” (GP-2400) in the office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India(C&AG), a speed test of not less than 15000 key depression per hour for data entry work to be ascertained through speed test on computer.
- The ‘Speed of 8000/15000 key depressions per hour on Computer’ will be adjudged on the basis of the correct entry of words/key depressions as per the given passage.
- Printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions would be given to each candidate for entering in the Computer.
- Duration of the skill Test will be 15 (Fifteen) minutes.
- Visually handicapped (VH) candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 35 minutes for the skill test.
- It will be administered on the Computer, to be provided by the Commission or any agency authorized by the Commission.
- None of the candidates including PH candidates will be exempted from the Skill Test as passing of the skill test is a precondition and one of the essential qualifications for appointment to the post of Data Entry Operator.
- The skill test will be held at the Commission’s Regional Offices or other centers as may be decided by the Commission.
Evaluation of SSC CHSL DEST Scripts:
There are two types of mistakes:
(i) Full Mistakes
(ii) Half Mistakes.
The following errors are treated as full mistakes:
- For every omission of word/ figure.
- Every substitution of a wrong word /figure.
- Every addition of a word / figure not found in the passage.
The following errors are treated as half mistakes:
(i) Spacing Errors : Where no space is provided between two words, e.g. ‘Ihope’ or undesired space is provided between the words or letters of a word e.g. ‘I h ave’ i.e. I hxxve
(ii) For every spelling error committed by way of repetition, or addition or transposition or omission or substitution of a letter/letters, e.g. the word ‘spelling’ typed as ‘seeplings’ etc.
(iii) Wrong Capitalisation: Wrong use of capital letter for small letter and vice-versa. (This does not apply to Hindi typewriting scripts).
- Any corrections made by pen or pencil are ignored and no credit is given to such corrections.
Cut off on Percentage of Mistakes in SSC CHSL DEST :
Percentage of Mistakes in DEST in Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) Examination, 2014.
|Cut Off||5 %||7 %||7 %||7 %||7 %||7 %||7 %||7 %|
Formula for calculating Data Entry Speed:
= No. of total words typed – (No. of net mistakes X 15)
Time of test
Duration of typing test : 15 minutes
Let total strokes/key-depressions typed : 2200
Words typed : 2200/5 = 440 (one word is equal to 5 strokes)
Total mistakes : 25
Ignorable mistakes : 7 % of 440 = 31
Net mistakes for evaluation = 31-25 = 6
Speed per minute
440 – (6 x 15)
= 24 words per minutes
You may also like to Read:
- CHSL Syllabus -Computer based Written Exam
- SSC CHSL Selection Procedure 2016 -Exam Pattern
- Vacancies 2015-2014-2013 Posts Departments
- Revised SSC CHSL Exam Scheme 2015
- Skill Test details for DEO
- Typing Test details PA – SA- LDC
- Cut Off 2015 Departments-Posts
- General Awareness question paper 2014
- Cut Off 2014 Departments-Posts
- English question paper 2014
- Cut Off 2013 and Preference for Departments
- SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Analysis
- CHSL Selection Process 2015 – Exam Scheme