SSC CHSL Selection Process:
SSC will hold examinations for posts of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators and Lower Divisional Clerks. Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) SSC CHSL selection process, Exam scheme, mode of selection,
Educational Qualification for SSC CHSL:
Must have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
18-27 years as on 01.08.2015. Age-Relaxation permissible beyond upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Ex.S are as per extant Govt. Orders.
Rupees one hundred only. Payment of application fee is exempted for all women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/Ex.S.
Vacancies for the post of PA/SA, LDC and DEO:
Tentatively the vacancies for the posts of Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant, LDC and DEO are 3523, 2049 and 1006 respectively.
Grade Pay for the posts of PA/SA, LDC and DEO:
Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant – PB-1, (Rs. 5200-20000) Grade Pay 2400
Data Entry Operator : PB-1 (Rs. 5200-20000) Grade Pay 2400
Data Entry Operator : PB-1 (Rs. 5200-20000) Grade Pay 1900
Lower Division Clerk: PB-1 (Rs. 5200-20000) Grade Pay 1900
Scheme of Examination of SSC CHSL (10+2):
The examination will consist of a Written Examination (Tier-I (Objective multiple choice type paper) and Tier-II (descriptive paper) and Skill Test/Typing test.
|Name of the Post||Exam Scheme||Total Marks|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Tier I (Objective type)+ Tier II (Descriptive Paper) + Tier III (Skill Test (DEST)) + document verification||300|
|Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA) and Lower Divisional Clerks (LDC)||Tier I (Objective type)+ Tier II (Descriptive Paper) + Tier III (Typing Test)||300|
Note: Typing Test Exemption is granted in Typing Test to eligible OH candidates.
Written Examination (Objective multiple choice type):
The question paper contains 200 questions each of one mark.
Written Examination (Descriptive paper -Tier-II):
- Commission has decided to conduct Paper-II (Tier-II) of descriptive nature of 100 marks.
- The duration of the paper would be for one hour.
- Descriptive Paper will be bilingual (English/Hindi) for writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing etc. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The performance in Tier II (descriptive paper) would be included for preparing merit.
Duration of Exam of SSC CHSL(10+2):
Total Duration of Paper -I (Tier-I) Examination for General candidates – 2 Hours
Total Duration of Paper -II (Tier-II) Examination for General candidates – 60 Minutes
Duration of Paper-I (Tier-I) Examination for Visually Handicapped candidates– 2 Hours 40 mins.
Duration of Paper -II (Tier-II) Examination for Visually Handicapped candidates – 80 Minutes
Medium of Examination:
The questions will be set in Hindi/English in respect of Parts I, III and IV of Paper-I (Tier-I).
Negative Marking in SSC CHSL (10+2) Exam:
There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I (Tier-I) (Objective multiple choice type).
Skill Test (DEST) and Typing Test for SSC CHSL Selection Process:
Skill test for Data Entry Operator:
Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. Test will be 15 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions. VH candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 35 minutes.
More details about Skill Test (DEST) for DEO.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant and LDCs:
Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi.
For English medium- typing speed of 35 words per minute
For Hindi medium – typing speed of 30 words per minute.
Test will be 10 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions. VH candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
More details about Typing Test for PA/SA, LDC.
Mode of SSC CHSL Selection Process:
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the skill test/Typing Test on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination(Objective paper(Tier-I) + Descriptive paper(Tier-II).
- Tier-III of the Examination would be the Skill Test / Typing Test which would be of a qualifying nature.
- The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II.
- Candidates who qualify in the skill test/Typing Test will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination (Tier-I and Tier-II).
- Allocation of candidates will be made to Various Departments depending upon their merit position and the option exercised by candidates.
- Preference for ministry/department/office will be taken from the candidates qualified for Skill test/ Typing test at the time of Skill test/ Typing test.
Tentative date of Tier-II Exam & Skill Test / Typing Test:
- The candidates are informed that Tier-II (Descriptive Paper) is tentatively scheduled on 18th September, 2016.
- Skill Test / Typing Test is proposed to be held immediately thereafter.
You may also like to read:
- CHSL Syllabus -Computer based Written Exam
- SSC CHSL Selection Procedure 2016 -Exam Pattern
- Vacancies 2015-2014-2013 Posts Departments
- Revised SSC CHSL Exam Scheme 2015
- Skill Test details for DEO
- Typing Test details PA – SA- LDC
- Cut Off 2015 Departments-Posts
- General Awareness question paper 2014
- Cut Off 2014 Departments-Posts
- English question paper 2014
- Cut Off 2013 and Preference for Departments
- CHSL Exam Pattern Analysis
- SSC CHSL Selection Process 2015 – Exam Scheme