SSC CHSL Selection Procedure 2016:
SSC will hold examination for recruitment of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators, Lower Divisional Clerks and Court Clerk. Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) SSC CHSL selection procedure, Exam scheme & mode of selection.
Important Dates of SSC CHSL Exam
Last date for submission of Application :07.11.2016
Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 07.01.2017 to 05.02.2017.
Date of Tier-II Exam (Descriptive Paper): 09.04.2017
Name of the Posts and Grade Pay and Post Code for Preference:
Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant PB -1(Rs. 5200-20200) Grade Pay 2400 (pre-revised) – P
Data Entry Operator : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400 (pre-revised) – D
Data Entry Operator : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised) – E
Lower Division Clerk: Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised) – L
Court Clerk: Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised) – C
SSC CHSL Tentative Vacancies:
Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant –3281, LDC-1321, DEO-506 and Court Clerks-26.
Educational Qualification for SSC CHSL:
Must have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
For the post of DEO “Grade A” (GP-2400) in the office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India(C&AG), Educational qualification will be as –
“12th standard pass in Science stream with Mathematics as a subject from a recognized Board or equivalent.”
18-27 years as on 01.01.2017 (Candidates born not before 02-01-1990 and not later than 01-01-1999). Age-Relaxation permissible beyond upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Ex.S are as per extant Govt. Orders.
Rupees one hundred only. Payment of application fee is exempted for all women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/Ex.S.
SSC CHSL Selection Procedure and Exam Pattern
The examination will consist of a Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III) Examination for the post of Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant (PA/SA), Lower Division Clerk and Court Clerk.
|Name of the Post||Exam Scheme||Total Marks|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Tier I (Objective type)+ Tier II (Descriptive Paper) + Tier III (Skill Test (DEST)) + document verification||300|
|Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA), Lower Divisional Clerks (LDC) and Court Clerk||Tier I (Objective type)+ Tier II (Descriptive Paper) + Tier III (Typing Test)||300|
Note: Typing Test Exemption is granted in Typing Test to eligible OH candidates.
Computer Based Examination (Objective type) Tier-I:
|Part||Subject||No. of questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|I||General Intelligence||25||50||75 Minutes (For VH/OH -100 Minutes)|
|II||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
Written Examination (Descriptive paper -Tier-II):
- Commission has decided to conduct Paper-II (Tier-II) of descriptive nature of 100 marks.
- The duration of the paper would be for one hour.
- Descriptive Paper will be bilingual (English/Hindi) for writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing etc. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The performance in Tier II (descriptive paper) would be included for preparing merit.
Timing for Exam of SSC CHSL(10+2):
Timing for 2 Batches /day
Ist batch: 10 AM- 11.15AM
IInd Batch: 4.15PM- 5.30PM
Timing for 3 batches /day
Batch: 10 AM-11.15AM
IInd Batch: 1.15PM- 2.30PM
IIIrd Batch: 4.15Pm- 5.30PM
Medium of Examination:
The questions will be set in Hindi/English in respect of Parts I, III and IV of Paper-I (Tier-I).
Negative Marking in SSC CHSL (10+2) Exam:
There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I (Tier-I) (Objective multiple choice type).
Skill Test (DEST) and Typing Test for SSC CHSL Selection Process:
Skill test for Data Entry Operator:
Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. Test will be 15 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions. VH candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 35 minutes.
For the post of DEO “Grade A” (GP-2400) in the office of Comptroller and Auditor General of India(C&AG), Skill test will be as –
“A speed test of not less than 15000 key depression per hour for data entry work to be ascertained through speed test on computer.”
More details about Skill Test (DEST) for DEO.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant and LDCs:
Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi.
For English medium- typing speed of 35 words per minute
For Hindi medium – typing speed of 30 words per minute.
Test will be 10 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions. VH candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
More details about Typing Test for PA/SA, LDC.
Mode of SSC CHSL Selection Procedure:
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the skill test/Typing Test on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination(Objective paper(Tier-I) + Descriptive paper(Tier-II).
- Tier-III of the Examination would be the Skill Test / Typing Test which would be of a qualifying nature.
- The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II.
- Candidates who qualify in the skill test/Typing Test will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination (Tier-I and Tier-II).
- Allocation of candidates will be made to Various Departments depending upon their merit position and the option exercised by candidates.
- Preference for ministry/department/office will be taken from the candidates qualified for Skill test/ Typing test at the time of Skill test/ Typing test.
Detailed notification for SSC CHSL Selection Procedure may be seen at SSC official website www.ssc.nic.in
You may also like to Read:
- SSC CHSL Vacancies 2016-2015-2014-2013 Posts Departments
- Revised SSC CHSL Exam Scheme 2015
- SSC CHSL Skill Test details for DEO
- Typing Test details PA – SA- LDC
- SSC CHSL Cut Off 2015 Departments-Posts
- General Awareness question paper 2014
- SSC CHSL Cut Off 2014 Departments-Posts
- English question paper 2014
- Cut Off 2013 and Preference for Departments
- SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Analysis
- CHSL Selection Process 2015 – Exam Scheme