SSC CHSL Selection Procedure 2016:
SSC will hold examination for recruitment of Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants, Data Entry Operators, Lower Divisional Clerks and Court Clerk. Combined Higher Secondary Level (10+2) SSC CHSL selection procedure, Exam scheme & mode of selection.
Important Dates of SSC CHSL Exam
Last date for submission of Application :07.11.2016
Date of Computer Based Examination (Tier-I): 07.01.2017 to 05.02.2017.
Date of Tier-II Exam (Descriptive Paper): 09.04.2017
Name of the Posts and Grade Pay and Post Code for Preference:
Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant PB -1(Rs. 5200-20200) Grade Pay 2400 (pre-revised) – P
Data Entry Operator : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 2400 (pre-revised) – D
Data Entry Operator : Pay Band-1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised) – E
Lower Division Clerk: Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised) – L
Court Clerk: Pay Band -1 (Rs. 5200-20200), Grade Pay Rs. 1900 (pre-revised) – C
SSC CHSL Tentative Vacancies:
Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant –3281, LDC-1321, DEO-506 and Court Clerks-26.
Educational Qualification for SSC CHSL:
Must have passed 12th standard or equivalent examination from a recognized Board or University.
18-27 years as on 01.01.2017 (Candidates born not before 02-01-1990 and not later than 01-01-1999). Age-Relaxation permissible beyond upper age limit for SC/ST/OBC/PH/Ex.S are as per extant Govt. Orders.
Rupees one hundred only. Payment of application fee is exempted for all women candidates and candidates belonging to SC/ST/PH/Ex.S.
SSC CHSL Selection Procedure and Exam Pattern
The examination will consist of a Computer based Written Examination (Tier-I), Descriptive Paper (Tier-II) and Typing Test/Skill Test (Tier-III) Examination for the post of Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant & Sorting Assistant (PA/SA), Lower Division Clerk and Court Clerk.
|Name of the Post||Exam Scheme||Total Marks|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Tier I (Objective type)+ Tier II (Descriptive Paper) + Tier III (Skill Test (DEST)) + document verification||300|
|Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA), Lower Divisional Clerks (LDC) and Court Clerk||Tier I (Objective type)+ Tier II (Descriptive Paper) + Tier III (Typing Test)||300|
Note: Typing Test Exemption is granted in Typing Test to eligible OH candidates.
Computer Based Examination (Objective type) Tier-I:
|Part||Subject||No. of questions||Max Marks||Duration|
|I||General Intelligence||25||50||75 Minutes (For VH/OH -100 Minutes)|
|II||English Language (Basic Knowledge)||25||50|
|III||Quantitative Aptitude (Basic Arithmetic Skill)||25||50|
Written Examination (Descriptive paper -Tier-II):
- Commission has decided to conduct Paper-II (Tier-II) of descriptive nature of 100 marks.
- The duration of the paper would be for one hour.
- Descriptive Paper will be bilingual (English/Hindi) for writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing etc. The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The performance in Tier II (descriptive paper) would be included for preparing merit.
Timing for Exam of SSC CHSL(10+2):
Timing for 2 Batches /day
Ist batch: 10 AM- 11.15AM
IInd Batch: 4.15PM- 5.30PM
Timing for 3 batches /day
Batch: 10 AM-11.15AM
IInd Batch: 1.15PM- 2.30PM
IIIrd Batch: 4.15Pm- 5.30PM
Medium of Examination:
The questions will be set in Hindi/English in respect of Parts I, III and IV of Paper-I (Tier-I).
Negative Marking in SSC CHSL (10+2) Exam:
There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Paper-I (Tier-I) (Objective multiple choice type).
Skill Test (DEST) and Typing Test for SSC CHSL Selection Process:
Skill test for Data Entry Operator:
Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. Test will be 15 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions. VH candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 35 minutes.
More details about Skill Test (DEST) for DEO.
Typing Test for Postal Assistant/Sorting Assistant and LDCs:
Typing Test will be conducted in English or Hindi.
For English medium- typing speed of 35 words per minute
For Hindi medium – typing speed of 30 words per minute.
Test will be 10 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000-2200 strokes/key-depressions. VH candidates (with 40% disability and above) will be allowed 30 minutes.
More details about Typing Test for PA/SA, LDC.
Mode of SSC CHSL Selection Procedure:
- Candidates will be shortlisted for the skill test/Typing Test on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination(Objective paper(Tier-I) + Descriptive paper(Tier-II).
- Tier-III of the Examination would be the Skill Test / Typing Test which would be of a qualifying nature.
- The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II.
- Candidates who qualify in the skill test/Typing Test will be recommended for appointment by the Commission on the basis of their performance in the Written Examination (Tier-I and Tier-II).
- Allocation of candidates will be made to Various Departments depending upon their merit position and the option exercised by candidates.
- Preference for ministry/department/office will be taken from the candidates qualified for Skill test/ Typing test at the time of Skill test/ Typing test.
Detailed notification for SSC CHSL Selection Procedure may be seen at SSC official website www.ssc.nic.in
You may also like to Read:
- SSC CHSL Vacancies 2016-2015-2014-2013 Posts Departments
- Revised SSC CHSL Exam Scheme 2015
- SSC CHSL Skill Test details for DEO
- Typing Test details PA – SA- LDC
- SSC CHSL Cut Off 2015 Departments-Posts
- General Awareness question paper 2014
- SSC CHSL Cut Off 2014 Departments-Posts
- English question paper 2014
- Cut Off 2013 and Preference for Departments
- SSC CHSL Exam Pattern Analysis
- CHSL Selection Process 2015 – Exam Scheme