Staff Selection Commission will hold the Combined Graduate Level Examination for selecting candidates for filling up different categories of posts in various Ministries/Departments/ Organisations. SSC CGL Selection Process 2016 and Exam Scheme is as under:
SSC CGL Selection Process 2016:
Commission has decided to reduce the Number of Questions from 200 to 100 in Tier-I of the above Examination which would continue to carry 200 marks. The duration of the Tier-I examination would be for a period of 75 minutes. It has also been decided to conduct the Tier-I and Tier-II in computer based examination mode in place of OMR based examination mode. Commission has also decided to introduce a Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The Question Paper will be bilingual.
SSC CGL Selection Process and Exam Scheme 2016:
|Code||Name of the Post||Exam Scheme||Total Marks|
|A, E||Assistant Section Officer in Central Secretariat Service (CSS)||Tier I + Tier II (Paper I+II) + Tier III (Descriptive Paper)+ Tier IV (Computer Proficiency test (CPT)) + document verification||700|
|Z, @||Tax Assistant in CBDT & CBEC||Tier I + Tier II (Paper I+II) + Tier III (Descriptive Paper)+ Tier IV (Data Entry Skill test (DEST)) + document verification||700|
|R & $||Statistical Investigator in M/o of Statistics &PI & Compiler in Registrar General of India||Tier I + Tier II (Paper I+II+III) + Tier III (Descriptive Paper) + document verification||900|
|F*||Assistant Audit Officer (AAO) in Indian Audit & accounts deptt under CAG||Tier I + Tier II (Paper I+II+IV) + Tier III (Descriptive Paper)+ document verification||900|
|—||All Posts other than above||Tier I + Tier II (Paper I+II) + Tier III (Descriptive Paper)+ document verification||700|
Vacancies in SSC CGL Exam 2016:
As per commission’s notification, vacancies will be intimated in due course. Details of the SSC CGL Posts, Ministry/ Departments/Grade pay, Group classification, individual post wise Age limit, tentative SSC CGL vacancy 2016 and last three years Vacancies i.e. 2015, 2014 & 2013 may be checked here. It will be beneficial to candidates for filling posts preference in application form.
Reservation will be made for candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and Physically Disabled Category as per Government Rule.
Educational Qualification as on 1st August, 2016:
(i) Compiler: Bachelor’s Degree from any recognized University with Economics or Statistics or Mathematics as compulsory or Elective subject.
(ii) Statistical Investigator Grade -II: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% in Mathematics at 12th standard level; or Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
(iii) Assistant Audit Officer:
a) Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute
b) Desirable Qualifications for the Post of Assistant Audit Officer: Chartered Accountant or cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
(iv) All other Posts: Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or equivalent.
(i) Candidates must have acquired minimum educational qualification on or before 1 st August, 2016.
(ii) For posts of Assistants (CSS), Computer Proficiency Test (CPT) has also been prescribed as an essential qualification.
(iii) For posts of Tax Assistant, Data Entry Skill Test has also been prescribed as an essential qualification.
SSC CGL Selection process 2016 and Exam Scheme:
The examination will be conducted in three tiers as under
Tier-I – Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier-II – Written Examination (Objective Multiple Choice Type)
Tier-III – Written Examination (Descriptive Paper)
Tier-IV – Computer Proficiency Test/Skill Test (wherever applicable) and
SSC CGL Tier-I Exam scheme:
|Part||Subject||Questions||Max Marks||Duration of Exam|
|A||General Intelligence & Reasoning||25||50||75 Minutes & for VH & CP candidates – 100 Minutes|
Medium of Examination of SSC CGL Tier-I:
Questions will be of Objective type Multiple Choice, set in Hindi and English in respect of Parts A, B and C.
Standard of Question Paper of SSC CGL Tier-I:
The questions in Parts A, B & D will be of a level commensurate with the essential qualification viz. Graduation and questions in Part C will be of 10th standard level.
SSC CGL Tier-II Exam scheme:
|Posts||Paper||Subject||Max. Marks||No. of Questions||Duration of Exam|
|For all posts compulsory||I||Quantitative Aptitude||200||100||2 Hours|
|For all posts compulsory||II||English Language & Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|For only Statistical Investigator & Compiler||III||Statistics||200||100||2 Hours|
|For only Assistant Audit Officer||IV||General Studies (Finance and Economics)||200||100||2 Hours|
(i) Tier-II of the SSC CGL 2016 will be of Objective Type Multiple Choice and will be conducted over a period of Two days.
(ii) Paper-I & II are compulsory for all the categories of Posts. Paper-III is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Statistical Investigator Gr-II & Compiler. Paper-IV is only for those candidates who apply for the post of Assistant Audit Officer.
Standard of Question Papers of SSC CGL Tier-II:
Questions in Paper-I (Quantitative Aptitude) will be of 10th standard level, Paper-II (English Language & Comprehension) of 10+2 level and Paper-III (Statistics) of graduation level.
Negative Marking in SSC CGL Exam:
There will be negative marking of 0.50 marks for each wrong answer in Tier-I. In Tier-II, there will be negative marking of 0.25 marks in Paper-II (English Language & Comprehension) and 0.50 marks in Paper-I (Quantitative Abilities) and Paper-III (Statistics) for each wrong answer.
SSC CGL Tier III Exam scheme: (Descriptive Paper)
|Mode of Examination||Scheme of Examination||Max Marks||Duration of Exam|
|Pen and Paper mode||Descriptive Paper in English/Hindi|
(writing of Essay/Precis/Letter /Application Writing etc.
|Total marks 100||60 Minutes & for VH & CP candidates – 80 Minutes|
SSC CGL Tier IV Exam scheme: (Qualifying)
Data Entry Skill test (DEST) for the post of Tax Assistant (Central Excise & Income Tax):
Data Entry Speed of 8,000 (eight thousand) Key Depressions per hour on Computer. Test will be 15 minutes and printed matter in English containing about 2000 key-depressions. VH candidates will be allowed 20 minutes. The skill test will be of qualifying nature.
Computer Proficiency test (CPT) for the posts of Assistant Section Officer (CSS):
- CPT comprising of three modules – Word Processing, Spread Sheet and Generation of Slides.
- CPT will be of qualifying nature.
- Scheme of DOPT for the post of Assistant Section Officer in CSS and MEA does not envisage exemption from CPT for any category of PH candidates.
- Detailed instructions on DEST (Data Entry Skill Test) and CPT are available on the Commission’s website www.ssc.nic.in
Document Verification for SSC CGL Selection process 2016:
Candidates are required to submit all documents in original for verification at the time of document verification.
Final SSC CGL Selection Process:
1. Tier-I exam is used to screen the candidates for appearing in Tier-II Exam. Marks in Tier-I will be taken into account for final ranking of candidates.
2. Tier-I and Tier-II exams would be conduct in computer based examination mode.
3. There will be Descriptive Paper of English/Hindi as Tier-III. The Question Paper will be bilingual. The candidates will have the option to choose any one medium.
4. Only those candidates who qualify in all the papers in Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III as well as in the aggregate would be eligible to be considered for Skill Test/CPT.
5. After the written Examination and Skill Test/Computer Proficiency Test/Document Verification wherever applicable, the Commission will draw up the All India Merit List for each category of post.
6. The final merit will be prepared on overall performance in Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III. However, the candidate will need to qualify all the tiers i.e. Tier-I, Tier-II and Tier-III separately. There will be no sectional cut-off.
7. The Commission will recommend the candidates in the merit list on the basis of the aggregate marks obtained by the candidates in the written examination (Tier-I, Tier-II & Tier-III) and preference exercised by the candidates in the application form for different posts.
You may also like to read:
- CGL Posts and Vacancies 2016
- SSC Cut Off 2015 Tier-1 and Tier-2
- CGL Cut Off 2015 Tier I
- SSC CGL 2015 Selection Process
- Vacancies 2015 and Posts
- CGL Examination Scheme 2015
- 2014 Cut Off Marks and Preference of posts
- Cut Off Marks 2013 and Preferences for Departments
- SSC CGL Tier I General Intelligence Reasoning
- CGL Tier I Exam Pattern