RRB NTPC Exam Pattern and Typing skill test
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test is mandatory for the posts of Junior Accounts Assistant cum typist (JAA), Senior Clerk cum typist & Sr. Time Keeper. Selection procedure for these posts is as under:
|Category No.||Name of the post||Exam Scheme|
|5, 6 & 9||Junior Accounts Assistant cum typist (JAA), Senior Clerk cum typist & Sr. Time Keeper||Common single stage CBT + Typing skill test (qualifying nature)+ document verification|
RRB NTPC Typing Skill Test Procedure:
1. The candidates should be able to type 30 WPM in English or 25 WPM in Hindi on Personal Computer only.
2. Editing tools and spell check facility will be disable in Personal Computers.
3. Typing Test will be qualifying nature. Marks will not be added for making merit. Candidates who acquired minimum typing speed in the test will be further considered in the final merit list.
4. The duration of the test will be Ten (10) minutes.
5. Candidates equal to eight times the number of vacancies shall be called for Typing test.
6. For guidelines of those who appear for skill test in Hindi, KrutiDev and Mangal font shall be made available for skill test on Personal Computer.
7. 5% mistakes of the total words typed will be ignored and thereafter for every full or half mistake, corresponding words will be deducted from the total words typed for arriving at the final speed.
Formula for calculating typing speed:
No. of total words typed – (No. of net mistakes X 10)
Time of test
Duration of typing test : 10 minutes
Let total strokes typed : 1800
Words typed : 1800/5 = 360 (one word is equal to 5 strokes)
Total mistakes : 20
Ignorable mistakes : 5 % of 360 = 18
Net mistakes for evaluation = 20-18 = 2
Speed per minute
= 360 – (2 x 10)
=34 words per minutes
Note: Detailed Employment Notice No. 03/2015 is available at official websites of various RRBs and may be checked at http://www.rrbbbs.gov.in/.
You may also like to Read:
- NTPC 2nd Stage CBT Syllabus -Exam Details
- RRB NTPC Exam 2016 Syllabus
- ASM Aptitude Test procedure in RRB NTPC Exam
- Common Computer Based Test
- RRB NTPC Preparation Tips -Exam Basic Features
- NTPC Posts and Vacancies 2015
- RRB NTPC Exam Pattern and selection procedure
- General Science Questions
- How to get Success in RRB Exams