RRB NTPC Preparation tips and Basic features of CBT Exam for various NTPC posts viz. CA, TA, ECRC, Goods Guard, JAA, Senior Clerk cum typist, Sr. Time Keeper, ASM & Traffic Assistant.
Basic features of RRB NTPC Exam:
- There shall be single stage common CBT (Computer Based Test) for all categories/posts of RRB NTPC Notifications 03/2015.
- The question papers shall be of Objective Multiple Choice Type.
- The standard of questions for the single stage CBT will be generally in conformity with the educational standards prescribed for the posts i.e. graduate level.
- The questions are likely to include questions pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and reasoning.
- The question paper for single stage CBT will be of 90 minutes duration for 100 questions.
- The questions will be set in Hindi, English, Urdu and specified local languages.
- There shall be negative marking in CBT Exam and marks will be deducted for each wrong answer @ 1/3 of the marks allotted for each question.
- There will be Aptitude Test for the post of Assistant Station Master(ASM) & Traffic Assistant(TA). For merit purpose, 70% weightage will be given to CBT marks and 30% weightage to the marks obtained in Aptitude Test.
- Typing skill test is mandatory for the posts of Junior Accounts Assistant cum typist (JAA), Senior Clerk cum typist & Sr. Time Keeper. The candidates should be able to type 30 WPM in English or 25 WPM in Hindi on Personal Computer only. Typing Test will be qualifying nature. Marks will not be added for making merit.
- Electronic gadgets (Mobile phones, laptops, calculators or any other communication devices) are not allowed inside the examination premises.
RRB NTPC Preparation Tips:
- The secret to success is to start studying as soon as you planned for appearing in an exam, so you do not fall behind.
- First, you should know what to study, how to study and what not to study. Candidates should check carefully the exam pattern, syllabus and level of questions before appearing in the final examination.
- Regular study and effective time management are the key roles for clearing any competitive examination. Aspirants should remember that it is difficult to clear a competitive exam by study now and then, inconsistent approach to the subjects.
- Proper planning, self-evaluation and in depth study of the subject books creates the difference among the successful candidates and others.
- Time management is key factor for success in MCQ tests. If any question takes more time to answer, it is always better to skip the question and attempt it in second round. Numerical type questions may take more time, hence it may be better to attempt theoretical type questions first.
- Check the options grammatically also, there may be a similar option with wrong spelling or misguiding word.
- If you are not sure about the correct answer in a question it is always better to use method of elimination. Strike out that options which seems totally out of chance and reduce the number of options. There will be more probability to choose the correct option in reduced choices.
- As per experts, expected score of a candidate does not change by random guessing in negative marking @ 1/3rd scheme. In RRB NTPC Exam, there is negative score for an incorrect answer @ 1/3rd. Hence, candidates should be cautious for random guessing.
- Single minded focus, conceptual clarity and honest, clear intentions play a more important role. Stay positive and have faith in oneself.
- It is always beneficial to practice mock tests of previous/sample papers before your final exam to check your preparation & find out weak area of study, if any.
RRB NTPC Exam Demo Test:
For RRB Online Computer Based Test Demo, candidates may check the official websites of various RRBs for practice. One of the demo of RRB NTPC Exam has been given at https://cdn4.digialm.com/OnlineAssessment/. It will be beneficial to aspirants for familiarity with its technical terms and type of CBT Test being conducted by Railway Recruitment Boards.