The questions will be of objective type with multiple choices. RRB NTPC Exam 2016 Syllabus is likely to include questions pertaining to General Awareness, Arithmetic, General Intelligence and reasoning. The question paper for single stage CBT will be of 90 minutes duration for 100 questions.
RRB NTPC Exam 2016 Syllabus – Mathematics:
(Class X standard)
Number System-Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal, fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation. Elementary Number Theory- Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers. Tests of divisibility by 2,3,4,5,9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm, Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms.
Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients.
Values of sin x, cos x and tan x, for x = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90° Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables. simple cases of heights and distances.
Lines and angles, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals.
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle, Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Syllabus: General Intelligence and reasoning
- Related word/letters/numbers
- Series with one term missing
- Blood Relations
- Odd number/letters/figures/number pair
- Trends & Operations – Missing number
Syllabus: General Awareness
- Indian Politics
- Indian History
- Current Awareness: National/International news related to events/persons, Awards, Sports and Cultural activity
- Indian Railway (History, organisation, current news etc.)
- Basic concept of science (Class X standard): Biology/Health, Physics, Chemistry, Environment/ Pollution, Computers (MS Office, Computer Hardware and software fundamentals, Web terminology etc.)