Staff Selection Commission has published revised SSC CHSL Exam Scheme 2015. Commission has introduced an additional stage in SSC CHSL (10+2) Exam as Tier-II. Which would be a descriptive paper of 100 marks in ‘Pen and Paper’ mode. This paper has been introduced to assess the writing skills of the candidates which is necessary in Government jobs.
Salient features of Revised SSC CHSL Exam Scheme 2015
- The duration of the paper would be for one hour.
- The Paper would comprise writing of an Essay of 200-250 words and Letter / Application writing of approximately 150-200 words.
- The minimum qualifying marks in Tier-II would be 33 per cent.
- The performance in Tier II would be included for preparing merit.
- The paper will have to be written either in Hindi or in English. Part paper written in Hindi and Part in English will not be evaluated.
- Tier-III of the Examination would continue to be the Skill Test / Typing Test which would be of a qualifying nature.
- Skill Test / Typing Test would be in consonance with the provisions contained in para 12.2 and 12.3 of the Notice of the Examination dated 13th June, 2015.
- The final merit of the successful candidates would be determined on the basis of total score obtained by them in Tier-I and Tier-II.
- The candidates are informed that Tier-II (Descriptive Paper) is tentatively scheduled on 18th September, 2016.
- The candidates are further informed that the Skill Test / Typing Test is proposed to be held immediately thereafter.
Revised Scheme of SSC CHSL(10+2) Exam 2015 :
|Name of the Post||Exam Scheme||Total Marks|
|Data Entry Operator (DEO)||Tier I (Objective type)+ Tier II (Descriptive Paper) + Tier III (Skill Test (DEST)) + document verification||300|
|Postal Assistants/Sorting Assistants (PA/SA) and Lower Divisional Clerks (LDC)||Tier I (Objective type)+ Tier II (Descriptive Paper) + Tier III (Typing Test)||300|
Note: Typing Test Exemption is granted in Typing Test to eligible OH candidates.